- Jason Wheeler (@JasonWheelertv), a news anchor/reporter came to Barron to talk with our 5th grade students about public speaking. They SOAKED up EVERYTHING he said. Yeah, it's crunch time for those 5th graders with STAAR science and math and reading retakes coming up but taking a break from that grind every now and again is good for the soul, right?
- We talked about many of the apps we have noticed our children are using. Mostly, the intent of the session last night was to give information to our parents about the apps and how they can MENTOR vs. MONITOR their children in the era of social media. It was AWESOME!
Here's the slideshow we made. I'm more of a non-scripted kind of fella so you will notice that the presentation is very minimal. It was such a success and SO MUCH FUN!
What I'm Watching : Why We Play the Game of Life - Jason Silva
What I'm Reading: Guilt - #CaylaStrong #CureCayla
- I decided a long time ago that I wanted to be in the kid business. I wanted to devote my life to making the lives of children better. Because of my daughter's battle with Pediatric Cancer, I've learned that there are children all over the world affected by cancer. Not many people know about them. Not many people think about them. Heck, why would you want to know them? Why would you want to think about them? Well, I will keep devoting my life to making the lives of children better. I'm obviously positioned to do just that in my career.
- I'm going to take it a step further. I'm going to do my best to bring awareness to Pediatric Cancer, the research (or lack thereof), and the struggles children and their families are going through on a daily basis. This is a blog about my life and my career. Well, I wish it wasn't, but pediatric cancer is a big part of my life now.
- This is the spot where I would normally apologize for asking you to read the article I just linked. It's sad. It's disgusting. I'm done apologizing for shining a light on something that has been in the dark for too long. I'm in the kid business.